Monday, August 16th, 2021 by Jo Borger
Terms and Conditions
2. The promoter is Internode Pty Ltd (ABN 82 052 008 581) of 1/502 Hay Street, Subiaco WA 6008 (Promoter).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are a parent or guardian to a child within the 5-12 age bracket (Eligible Entrants).
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers or any of their associated agencies or companies are ineligible to enter.
5. The Competition commences at 12:00AM (AWST) Monday, 16 August 2021 and concludes at 11:59 (AWST) Monday, 30 August 2021 (Competition Period).
6. To enter, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Competition Period, comment on one of two posts on the Internode Facebook page (Facebook Posts), responding to the following prompt:
A) Ask your child to invent something that would ‘make the world a better place’
B) Get them to draw what it would look like
C) Take a photo of the drawing, post it in the comments section below, along with a brief description of what the invention is and what it does. Make sure to include your child’s first name and age too!
7. An Eligible Entrant must submit their comment in the form of text or an image, and they must include the first name and age of their relevant child (Entry Comment).
8. The Facebook Posts are scheduled to be made at: 4pm (AWST) Monday, 16 August; and 4pm (AWST) Monday, 23 August
9. Entry into the Competition will occur automatically upon making an Entry Comment.
10. Eligible Entrants may enter the Competition on behalf of a child only once. If an Eligible Entrant comments on the Facebook Posts multiple times, the comment that is deemed by the Promoter, at its own discretion, to be the most creative, original, or humorous will be counted as the Entry Comment.
11. Eligible Entrants may enter the Competition on behalf of multiple children, however only one entry per child is valid.
12. Entries will only be considered if they are made during the Competition Period.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. An entry is deemed to be received at the time of its receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission.
14. Any costs associated with entering the Competition are the entrant’s responsibility.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter believes has either tampered with the entry process or has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
16. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Any incorrect details submitted may render the corresponding entry invalid.
18. All entries are the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for entries not received by the Promoter. Entries will be deemed invalid if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
19. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant’s identity will be verified through the email address connected to their Facebook profile.
Selection of Winners and Prize
20. There will be 3 winners of the Competition (Winners).
21. The Winners will be selected by the Promoter based on the originality, creativity and humour shown in the Entry Comment. The selection of the Winners based on these criteria will be entirely at the Promoter’s own discretion. This is a game of skill.
22. There will be one Winner selected from each of the following age groups: (1) ages 5-6, inclusive; (2) ages 7-9, inclusive; and (3) ages 10-12, inclusive.
23. Each Winner will receive the following prize (Prize): a Switched On Kids ( https://www.switchedonkids.com.au/) gift voucher valued at AUD 150.
24. A Switched On Kids gift voucher is subject to the terms and conditions of the voucher’s vendor, and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for the Winner’s compliance with those terms and conditions.
25. Total number of prizes = 3. Total prize value = AUD 450.00.
26. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST, and are correct at the time of printing.
27. If the Promoter is unable to supply the nominated prize, or part of any nominated prize, the Promoter reserves the right, subject to the written directions of any competent authority, to supply another prize of greater or equal value.
28. All additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Notification and re-selection of Winners
30. The Winners will be notified in writing by 2:00PM (AWST) Wednesday, 1 September 2021.
31. The Promoter will reply to each Winner’s Entry Comment, which will announce them as a Winner. The Winner will be instructed to send an email to email@example.com to claim their prize.
32. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to notify each Winner of the result of the Competition.
33. Subject to clauses 33-34 below, if for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not claim their prize or an element of their prize by 2:00PM Saturday, 4 September 2021, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and neither cash nor any other prize will be awarded in lieu of that prize or that element of the prize.
34. If for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not redeem their prize or an element of their prize by 2:00PM Saturday, 4 September 2021, the Promoter will select and announce another Winner based on the criteria above by 2:00PM Monday 6th September (Second Chance Selection). The winner of the Second Chance Selection will enjoy the same rights and responsibilities as the Winners, as outlined in these terms and conditions.
35. The Winner selected in the Second Chance Selection will be notified in writing by the Promoter replying to their Entry Comment within two (2) days of the Second Chance Selection.
36. Entrants agree, at the Promoter’s request, to participate in any promotional activity (such as an interview) surrounding this Competition or the winning of any prize. Entrants agree this participation will be free of charge. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its associated agencies’ using their name and image in any media in perpetuity, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
37. Eligible Entrants can only enter in their own name.
38. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Eligible Entrant produce appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Eligible Entrant’s eligibility to enter and claim a prize, before issuing a prize.
39. If for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, unless to do so would be prohibited by law, to (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) to cancel, suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the Competition.
40. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for, and the Eligible Entrant releases the Promoter from responsibility for, any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the Eligible Entrant’s participation in the Competition or the conduct of the Competition generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem of any kind including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferring or theft of data, whether caused by the Eligible Entrant or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this Competition. If, because of any such problem, this Competition is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the Competition’s administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant Department) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or disqualify any Eligible Entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of the Competition in any way.
41. These terms and conditions of entry do not, nor do they intend to, limit, exclude or modify any non-excludable statutory guarantee under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other warranties (whether express or implied) or terms under any state or federal legislation which cannot be excluded
42. Subject to clause 40 and to the maximum extent permitted under law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including, without limitation, negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss or profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, without limitation, the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that sated in these conditions of entry; (e) any tax implications; and/or (f) a prize or use of a prize. Nothing in these terms affects the statutory rights of any person under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable law.
43. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The Entrant releases Facebook from all liability in relation to the Competition. The Entrant is providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
44. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and provide any goods/services requested and may, for that purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers or a regulatory authority and for any purpose to which the entrant has previously consented, including but not limited to, future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.